Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Best Original Score nominees at the 2019 Golden Globes


Just as I did for Nominated movie songs at the 2019 Grammy Awards and Best Original Song nominees at the 2019 Golden Globes, I am going to be a good environmentalist and recycle, this time from Midweek Cafe and Lounge, Vol. 96.

Happy Hump Day!  I'm continuing to be the DJ and bartender for this weekly series while Don Durito is returning from his walkabout.  For today's theme, I'm sharing selections from soundtracks of movies nominated at the Golden Globe Awards.  This continues the theme of movie music and awards shows that I started in Midweek Cafe and Lounge, Vol. 94 and continued in last week's Midweek Cafe and Lounge, Vol. 95.

I begin with United Nations / End Titles by Ludwig Goransson from "Black Panther."


This score has also been nominated for a Grammy and a Critics' Choice Award and, like all the rest of the Golden Globes nominees, is on the shortlist for an Oscar nomination.

Next, "Isle of Dogs" End Titles by Alexandre Desplat.


This is also nominated for a Critics' Choice Award.

I'm continuing with Marco Beltrami - "A Quiet Life" from "A Quiet Place."


This is the only Golden Globe nomination for this movie.

The selection from the fourth nominated score is "The Landing (from First Man)" by Justin Hurwitz.


This is also nominated for a Critics' Choice Award.

The final selection from a nominated score is Marc Shaiman - Theme from Mary Poppins Returns


This is also nominated for a Critics' Choice Award.

Follow over the jump for the drink I served in the tip jar.

Since yesterday was Christmas, I am serving the The Christmas Mimosa - Tipsy Bartender


A toast to the nominees!  Enjoy responsibly!

No comments:

Post a Comment