Thursday, December 20, 2018

Best Original Song nominees at the 2019 Golden Globes


Just as I did for Nominated movie songs at the 2019 Grammy Awards, I am going to be a good environmentalist and recycle, this time from Midweek Cafe and Lounge, Vol. 95 at Booman Tribune.

I'm continuing to be the DJ and bartender for this weekly series while Don Durito is returning from his walkabout.  For today's theme, I'm sharing songs from movies nominated at the Golden Globe Awards.  This continues the theme of movie music and awards shows that I started in last week's Midweek Cafe and Lounge, Vol. 94.

I begin with Dolly Parton: Girl in the Movies from the movie "Dumplin'."  This performance is from The Tonight Show.

Music guest Dolly Parton performs "Girl in the Movies," with special guest Linda Perry, for the Tonight Show audience.
In addition to its Golden Globe nomination, "Girl in the Movies" also earned a nomination for Best Song at the Critics' Choice Awards.

Next, Annie Lennox - Requiem For A Private War from "A Private War."

“Writing ‘Requiem for a Private War’ for the film ‘A Private War’ has not only given me an opportunity to honour Marie Colvin, but also aims to amplify the ‘truth to power’ message she fought all her life to convey to the world, regarding the atrocious consequences of warfare and it’s effects upon innocent civilian populations.” Annie Lennox
The last song I'm sharing in the diary proper is REVELATION (Lyric Video) - Troye Sivan and Jónsi from "Boy Erased."


I mentioned both "A Private War" and "Boy Erased" in 'Vice' may be the best political film of 2018, earning nominations before it even hits theaters, so it was time that I wrote about their nominated songs.

The other two nominees are "All the Stars" from "Black Panther" and "Shallow" from "A Star Is Born."  Follow over the jump for them, as they had their time above the fold last week.


Now for the songs I expect will win, beginning with Kendrick Lamar, SZA - All The Stars from "Black Panther."


As I mentioned last week, "All the Stars" is also nominated for Record of the Year, Song of the Year, Best Rap/Sung Performance, and Best Song Written For Visual Media at the Grammy Awards.  It is also nominated for Best Song at the Critics' Choice Awards.  I am certain it will be one of the songs nominated for an Academy Award.

Also earning nominations at both the Grammy Awards and Golden Globes is "Shallow" by Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper from "A Star Is Born."


Like "All the Stars," "Shallow" has four Grammy nominations.  In addition to Best Song Written For Visual Media, it is also nominated for Record of the Year, Song of the Year, and Best Pop Duo/Group Performance.  It is also nominated for Best Song at the Critics' Choice Awards.  Again, I am certain it will be one of the songs nominated for an Academy Award.

As for which song will win, I think "Shallow" is favored over "All the Stars."  The Hollywood Foreign Press Association loves Lady Gaga.

I'll have more on the Golden Globes, both the television nominees about politics and government and the speculative fiction nominees.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment