Friday, April 5, 2013

The dolphins thank Earth for the fish

In Nablopomo for April: Fresh, I listed the first two weeks of prompts for this month, including today's.
Friday, April 5, 2013
Write a thank you note to the earth or Mother Nature.
While I'm perfectly capable of writing one of these, I'm not quite up to it. I have humor, but no poetry. Besides, I could not top the 100 love letters to Mother Earth, most of which do a better job than I could at expressing thanks for all the planet has done for humans and all other life (that we know of). Read them, please.

Instead, I'm going to use the ultimate thank you song from a science fiction movie about the end of the Earth, So Long and Thanks for All the Fish from the movie version of "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" to express my feelings about both the planet and the possiblity of collapse. Like the dolphins, don't say I didn't warn you!


Don't forget your towel!

No comments:

Post a Comment