Saturday, November 7, 2015

Keystone XL pipeline rejected


One shoe dropped when President Obama vetoed the Keystone XL pipeline.  The other shoe finally fell yesterday.  CNN has the story in Obama rejects Keystone XL pipeline.

President Obama says he agrees with the State Department's decision to reject the Keystone XL pipeline.
I agree with just about everything Obama said about the pipeline.  So did Christie Aschwanden of FiveThirtyEight, who wrote Keystone XL Wasn’t About Jobs Or The Climate — It Was All Politics.  In the end, it was.

I'm also surprised that it was stopped.  I thought it would eventually be approved, even though I was hoping it wouldn't be.  After all, I called the project "a dumb idea that's going to hurt Americans."  I'm glad it won't.

I'm not the only one.  CNN reports on Frostpaw, the anti-keystone 'polar bear', react...

On Friday President Obama announced he would not approve construction of the Keystone XL pipeline. CNN talked with Frostpaw the mascot for the Center for Biological Diversity. The group says polar bears will become extinct if action is not taken against global warming.
This is a victory, but there is still a lot to do.  In the meantime, I'll let Professor Farnsworth have the last word.  It's about time he did!

No comments:

Post a Comment