Sunday, April 28, 2019

MSU and USC play music from 'Guardians of the Galaxy' and 'The Avengers' for National Superhero Day


Happy National Superhero Day!  In honor of the national day and also "Avengers: Endgame" setting box office records, I am following through on my suggestion to myself from last year by embedding the official video of the Spartan Marching Band: Marvel Halftime | MSU vs Michigan : 10.17.2015.*


In the associated Dreamwidth entry where I embedded the above video and wrote that I might use this video this year, I also wrote that I might also embed U$C playing their Guardians of the Galaxy show.  Here it is.

The Trojan Marching Band salutes "Guardians of the Galaxy" and USC alumnus and President of Marvel Studios Kevin Feige at the rivalry game versus UCLA on Nov. 18, 2017 featuring: "Hooked on a Feeling" by Blue Swede "Brandy (You're a Fine Girl)" by Looking Glass "Mr. Blue Sky" by Electric Light Orchestra "Surrender" by Cheap Trick "I Want You Back" by The Jackson 5.
Coincidentally, both of these shows are by arch-rivals to my alma maters and both were played at games with my alma maters.  I guess rivalry inspires the best out of the rivals.

*I might embed Beyond The Trailer's movie math video in tomorrow's entry.  Grace's reaction should be entertaining and informative.  Stay tuned.

ETA: Speaking of staying tuned, I've embedded a video of the Marching Illini's superhero show that I might use here next year in my Dreamwidth entry that links to this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment