Friday, July 30, 2021

Carl Levin, Michigan's longest serving U.S. Senator, dies at 87

I have some sad news to share. WDIV/Click on Detroit reports Former Sen. Carl Levin dies at age 87.



WXYZ also paid tribute in Former Michigan Senator Carl Levin dies at the age of 87.

Carl Levin, the longest-serving U.S. Senator in Michigan’s history, has died. Levin was 87.
The two segments together make a fitting obituary for Senator Levin. I never met him, but I have met his brother, who represented me in the U.S. Congress for eight years, and his nephew, who represents me there now.

Follow over the jump from two eulogies for Senator Levin from his colleagues in Congress.

The first comes from the man who succeeded Levin in the Senate in WXYZ's Gary Peters remembers Carl Levin.

Senator Gary Peters speaks with 7 Action News about his predecessor Carl Levin after his death at 87.
The second is a phone interview, Congresswoman Debbie Dingell remembers Carl Levin.

Congresswoman Debbie Dingell shares her memories of former US Senator Carl Levin after his passing at the age of 87.
R.I.P., Senator Levin. May your memory be a blessing.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Off-topic, non-English, multiple links and on an obituary, which I find disrespectful. Too bad I can only delete it once.

      Delete