Sunday, August 14, 2011

Weekly Roundup for August 7th through 13th, 2011

It was another busy week here at Crazy Eddie's Motie News. I posted 13 entries, readers left 18 comments, a record, and the blog received 939 unique views. That's not as impressive as the week before, with a record 16 entries, ten comments, and 1006 page views, but considering that the two weeks before that averaged 768 page views, I'm pleased.





The main theme of this past week's posts was the ongoing coverage of the Satan Sandwich with only one post of the thirteen having nothing to do with it, although the reader has to strain to see its connection to two of the other posts.


Coverage of the the Satan Sandwich began with the first post of the week, Keith Olbermann is mad as Hell and won't take it anymore. Later in the week, It's Dylan Ratigan's turn to be mad as Hell and not take it anymore. It was a really great week for rants by progressive idols on cable TV.

It was also a great week for more objective coverage by local, national, and international news outlets. Since this is a blog about sustainability in metro Detroit, but also in the rest of Michigan, I featured a lot of local television, starting with More local reaction to Friday's fallout from the Satan Sandwich, which commented on clips from WXYZ. I turned my attention to the other side of the state in WOOD-TV reacts to the Satan Sandwich from Grand Rapids. I then returned to metro Detroit in Black Tea Monday's Satan Sandwich News from WXYZ. I went to Taiwan with Next Media Animation on Black Tea Monday. After all that SRS BZNS coverage from the local outlets, I needed a good laugh. The mother of all dead cat bounces? brought me back home with coverage by WXYZ and Reuters. I followed up with A dead cat bouncing on a rubber floor. I don't think I've ever been this interested in the stock market on one of my blogs before. The closest I could get was Tonight we're gonna party like it's 1929! (mirrored on JournalFen) back in September 2008.

The Satan Sandwich even permeated some of my coverage of sustainability news not as closely tied to the financial economy. President Obama in Holland, Michigan used the occasion of his visit to point out that the people who really wanted the Satan Sandwich are now getting in the way of sustainable development. I lampooned some of the same people in Silly Sustainability Saturday: Another just links edition. Even something as light-hearted as This one's for Narb was directly inspired by the comments to A dead cat bouncing on a rubber floor, a Satan Sandwich post.

The only post that had no Satan Sandwich in it was Good news on the Woodward Light Rail line, which was the kind of welcome development that I like to comment on in this blog.



Open Book


Other than Weekly Roundup for July 31st through August 6th, 2011, I really didn't explore August's Nablopomo theme of Fiction. I guess that's because Truth is stranger than Fiction, the exploration of which just happens to be one of the daily prompts so far this month. Somehow, I doubt I'll get around to using one of the prompts by August 20th.

Finally, the back-catalog champion for this week was Gas prices back above $4.00/gallon in metro Detroit. I think the readers from Kunstler's blog were responsible for reviving this one, but I'm just not sure.

And that's the week that was on Crazy Eddie's Motie News.

No comments:

Post a Comment