Friday, October 21, 2011

Libya: History Repeating

In the comments to Deja vu: Libya 2011=Romania 1989, Nebris pointed out that "The Wind and the Lion" does not take place in Libya, but in Morroco. It's still the story of an American intervention in North Africa, but that does lessen its relevance. Instead, I'm going to go with a song that underlines a more universal point, "History Repeating." Take it away Shirley Bassey and the Propellerheads.





This is one of my favorite songs, so I have quite a few more variations on it in my playlists.

2 comments:

  1. "History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme." -- Mark Twain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No shit, History Major. You may not subscribe to the heterodox view that history is cyclical, except in the case of China, which you described as having a history that moved like the breathing of an immortal, but I sure do.

      Delete