Wednesday, January 16, 2013

James Bond's car at NAIAS

I called the previous post When fandoms collide at the auto show.  There, it was cars, comic books, and acrobatics, although only two at a time.  Now I've found more examples where my fandoms overlap--James Bond, first with cars and then with music.  In tonight's installment, here's James Bond, or at least his most iconic car, at the auto show.


This video illustrates what I meant when I described James Bond as science fiction.  In this case, the Aston Martin from Goldfinger celebrated the latest technology (or what could be imagined as possible with technology at the time).  As the spokesman from Covisint explains, it was the first example of a "connected vehicle", a car using radar and radio to track position and "stay in contact with the home office"--all back in the mid 1960s.  Thanks, Covisint and WXYZ, for making my point for me.

I have more on James Bond, or at least his latest cinema chanteuse Adele, along with other songs from films on topic for this blog, in a future entry.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment