Monday, October 13, 2014

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!


I'm still in an "I can't be all DOOM all the time" mood, so I'm taking tonight off from writing about Ebola.  Instead, I'm going to add another holiday to the calendar here at Crazy Eddie's Motie News.

On Facebook, I've been posting that I'm going to celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving instead of Columbus Day.  It looks like I'm not alone.  Vox has an article comparing the two, Why you should celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving instead of Columbus Day, that pretty much sums up why I feel this way.
Celebrating genocidal maniacs is never fun, and even less so when it's on the false pretenses of a discovery that they didn't quite make. So here's a better idea: on Monday, celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving instead!
I don't mind celebrating Thanksgiving twice.  Do you?

WBLK in Buffalo made the same suggestion last year and embedded the following video to enliven its post.


Believe it or not, that was the least silly of all the videos I found on the holiday.  Here's to hoping someone posts a more serious one by the 12th next year.  Otherwise, I'll feel like I should have posted this for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment