Britain could soon vote to leave the European Union. John Oliver enlists a barbershop quartet to propose a smarter option.Oliver isn't the only public supporter. Krugman is, too. However, he's less enthusiastic about it, calling it a choice between bad and worse. Still, who am I to disagree with both John Oliver and Paul Krugman in a topic that I'm not a bigger expert in than than they are? So, I hope the British vote to remain. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see if they do or choose to leave.
A blog about societal, cultural, and civilizational collapse, and how to stave it off or survive it. Named after the legendary character "Crazy Eddie" in Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle's "The Mote in God's Eye." Expect news and views about culture, politics, economics, technology, and science fiction.
Thursday, June 23, 2016
Brexit vote today
As I write this, voters all over the United Kingdom are voting on whether to remain in or leave the European Union. John Oliver explains the issues and offers his pro-remain opinion in Brexit.
Labels:
economy,
elections,
Europe,
humor,
John Oliver,
know,
Paul Krugman,
United Kingdom,
video
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment