Thursday, June 16, 2016

Silly candidates, real and fictional, for the fifth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News


It's a Throwback Thursday, so it's time to resume where I left off at Alignment charts for the fifth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News and continue the retrospective of the top posts of the previous blogging year.

The ninth most read entry of the fifth year of this blog was Obi-Wan Kenobi for President and Darth Vader beats Trump.  I could have included it with 'Star Wars' alignment charts for a "Star Wars" themed retrospective, but I already had a history of retrospectives about alignment charts, so I continued with the tradition.  To explain how the entry got its page views, I'll be a good environentalist and recycle what I wrote in Monthly Meta for December 2015.
The third most popular of the four entries I shared at the Coffee Party USA Facebook page in December was also the third most read of the month (notice a pattern here?)  "Obi-Wan Kenobi for President and Darth Vader beats Trump" from December 17th earned 968 page views, 981 according to the raw counter, by the end of December.  I also shared the link at Kunstler's blog.  By March 21, 2016, the post had 1048 page views by the raw counter to put in ninth among all entries posted during the fifth year of the blog.
Behold the power of the Coffee Party's Facebook page!

Follow over the jump to read about an entry that earned its page views in a more traditional way for my blog.


The seventeenth most read entry of the past year was Jim Gilmore gone after losing to Vermin Supreme, which earned 499 page views according to the raw counter.  I'll let what I wrote for Monthly meta for February 2016 tell the tale.
The final entry that earned its page views from being shared at both Greer's and Kunstler's blogs was "Jim Gilmore gone after losing to Vermin Supreme."  The readers there ate it up, sending 467 page views (468 according to the raw counter) its way.  It earned the best new post award and also placed second overall for February.
As I wrote, I promoted it at Kunstler's blog, but I'll let my comment on The Decline and Fall of Hillary Clinton at Greer's blog get the last word instead.
As a final comment on how topsy-turvey this election season has become, Vermin Supreme got twice as many votes in the New Hampshire Democratic Primary than Jim Gilmore got in the Republican Primary.  More people preferred the obvious joke candidate to the supposedly serious candidate who didn't know he was a joke.
I'm far from done with the presidential election.  Prepare to follow the advice of Bluto from "Animal House" and drink heavily at the prospect of Donald Trump becoming President.


Previous entries in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment