Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Falcon 9 first stage landing video


Because of the election and its aftermath, I haven't written much about space and especially SpaceX's Falcon 9 rocket since Yuri's Night 2016.  To clear the palate before diving headfirst into entertainment awards for the rest of the week, I'm returning briefly to space with Space.com's video of SpaceX 1st Stage Landing Captured By Drone.  Enjoy!

The Falcon 9 first stage landed on SpaceX’s landing zone 1 in Cape Canaveral, Florida after launching the CRS-10 cargo spacecraft to the International Space Station. A drone captured it from a safe distance.
I feel better offering some hope instead of doom.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty remarkable precision landing. In fact, it's so precise that when I first watched it I thought someone must have just used video of a take-off and run it backwards. Technology progresses, even with idiots in charge of the government.

    I'm also a bit surprised that a drone can hover well enough to get such a steady picture.

    Does Trump know about Yuri's Night? I hear he likes being yurinighted on. Or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Technology does progress, although I'm giving more credit to Elon Musk than to NASA. As for idiots in charge of the government, Trump's cabinet of deplorables looks so bad that Newt Gingrich in charge of NASA would be an improvement over the rest. Unfortunately, we're likely to get someone even worse.

      LOL about Yurinighting and Trump. He should know about the holiday. It's originally Russian.

      Delete