Thursday, September 8, 2022

Colbert and Meyers return from vacation to take closer looks at special master ruling and the rest of August's news

I closed Samantha Bee wins an Emmy after TBS cancels 'Full Frontal' by telling my readers "I have several different ideas about what to write tomorrow, including more about the Emmy Awards. Stay tuned to see which one I choose." I decided to do something I haven't done in a while because Stephen Colbert and Seth Meyers were on vacation, compile clips of their monologues. I begin with Colbert asking Why Is Judge Cannon Giving T**** Special Treatment? | Biden Delivers Anti-MAGA Warning.

The judge presiding over the Florida jurisdiction that includes Mar-a-Lago was hand-picked by the former president, while the current president is hitting the campaign trail with a message about the threat America faces from fascists in the GOP.
Meyers had his own take on the news after returning from vacation in Trump’s Month of Mounting Criminal Scandals Intensifies as Biden Surges: A Closer Look.

Seth takes a closer look at craven Trump supporters trying to downplay the severity of the federal criminal investigation into the classified materials found at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort.
August is normally a slow news month. Not this year!

The next day the situation went from bad to worse, as Colbert asked How Do We Explain This To Our Allies? | Justice Is Coming For Steve Bannon.

Among the classified documents seized by the F.B.I. at Mar-a-Lago was material on a foreign nation's nuclear capabilities, and former presidential advisor Steve Bannon is facing state indictment in New York.
On the one hand, yikes! On the other hand, I wasn't surprised as Marcy "Emptywheel" Wheeler deduced this from the statute not cited in the affidavit last month. Note the date. This is one of the reasons I follow Marcy on Twitter.

I close with Tuesday's cold open, Come On Judge Aileen.



That shortlist could definitely use some work.
Yes, it could.

I will continue following these stories and updating my readers. In the meantime, I plan on returning with more on the Emmy Awards tomorrow. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment