Monday, August 21, 2023

I celebrate 100,000 page views this month with 'Singapore: Designing a Megacity in Harmony with Nature' by PBS Terra

I concluded my comment on Vox explains 'What we get wrong about saving the bees' for World Honey Bee Day with a program note.
Thanks to Infidel753 for linking to me in Link round-up for 20 August 2023 at his blog and welcome to all of you who came here from that link! Also, welcome to all my Singaporean, Dutch, Iranian, German, French, Ukrainian, and other international readers. I appreciate all of you, especially my Singaporean readers, who contributed 8,500 page views this week, nearly eight times as many as my American readers! Thanks to you, August 2023 has seen more page views than any other month in the history of the blog, passing 90,000 in a month for the first time ever last week, and is on track to pass 100,000. When it does, I have something special planned to recognize my Singaporean readers.
The blog reached 100,000 page views for August 2023 yesterday between 4:00 and 4:30 P.M. EDT, so I'm showing my appreciation to my Singaporean readers by sharing Singapore: Designing a Megacity in Harmony with Nature by PBS Terra.

Who says a densely populated city can't be a green paradise? Not in Singapore! Shane Campbell-Staton visits visionary architect Pearl Chee and legendary urban planner Professor Cheong Koon Hean to find out how creators like them have woven nature into the fabric of the city. Green spaces aren't just an afterthought here - they're mandatory!
I hope my Singaporean readers appreciate what a lovely green city they live in. I also hope my students appreciate the city in this video, too. One of the lessons I teach is how cities can become more sustainable. Singapore serves as a good example of that. Consequently, I might show this video, which will then become part of a story I tell my students. Welcome to blogging as professional development.

No comments:

Post a Comment