Monday, September 7, 2026

Alexis Dahl explains 'How They Keep the Mackinac Bridge Alive' for Labor Day

Happy Labor Day! I'm celebrating the Michigan way with the sequel to Alexis Dahl describes 'The Incredible Engineering Behind Michigan's Iconic Bridge' for Labor Day, How They Keep the Mackinac Bridge Alive.

The Mackinac Bridge team let me follow them around for a day, and here's what I learned about how they're still keeping this feat of engineering alive.

Special thanks to the Michigan Department of Transportation and the Mackinac Bridge Authority for the images, research help, and of course, the excellent tour of the bridge!
That was worth waiting for. I hope all the people walking across the Mackinac Bridge today appreciate how much work it takes to maintain it. I know I do!

That's a wrap for today's educational holiday post. Stay tuned for more Emmy Awards coverage.

No comments:

Post a Comment