Thursday, September 17, 2026

PBS NewsHour reports 'Trump administration ends funding for Arctic climate report' for Throwback Thursday

I opened More scientists and others fighting climate change and its effects from 'PBS NewsHour' with "I closed PBS NewsHour's Tipping Points examines scientists fighting climate change and its effects by writing 'PBS NewsHour has more, but I'm stopping here to eat lunch and grade papers.'" Here's another PBS NewsHour video on the topic of climate change that I've been saving up for a rainy day, Trump administration ends funding for Arctic climate report.

The Trump administration said it would stop funding the Arctic Report Card, the longstanding effort to collect research on how the fastest-warming place on Earth is changing. It's the latest in a series of moves by the administration to curtail scientific research into the impacts of climate change. William Brangham discussed more with glaciologist Twila Moon, the Arctic Report Card's editor.
I wish I could say I was surprised, but I posted The BBC World Service examines 'How the US election could change our climate' plus MSNBC on Project 2025 and climate almost two years ago and followed up with CityNerd warns 'The New USDOT Is Coming for Your "Woke" Projects,' a driving update on Throwback Thursday and Trump implementing Project 2025 for a Flashback Good Friday last year. None of this was a surprise and it's not like I and others didn't try to warn our readers!

That's a wrap. Stay tuned for more Emmy Award winners tomorrow and Sunday with Talk Like A Pirate Day in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment