Thursday, November 24, 2011

A Michigan marching band Thanksgiving from New York

From WXYZ's YouTube Channel.



The Plymouth-Canton marching band has been picked to perform in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York City.
That's the studio interview from yesterday. To see the band performing, watch the video from StateChampsTV below.




I saw the above videos and had a flashback to my past as a marching band judge. Fortunately, it was a good one. The Plymouth Centennial Educational Park Marching Band was consistently the best marching band in the state when I was judging and I had the pleasure of being on the field evaluating its visual performance once during my last year with the Michigan Competing Band Association. It was an honor.

To the Plymouth Band, have a great time in New York City. The world will be watching you.

To the rest of you, happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment