Saturday, November 12, 2011

Occupy Detroit may have to move Monday

From Occupy Detroit's YouTube channel.



John Royal, President of the National Lawyers Guild addressed an emergency General Assembly of the Detroit Occupation to discuss the legal status of the camp. While we had obtained a permit, that permit would expire on Monday, November 14.

The assembly discussed their options and reactions to the announcement and resolved to meet again at their Saturday GA to decide what will happen when the permit expires.
For more details, including quotes from Sarah Coffeey and Jessica Dawl, read the Free Press article.

The good news is that Occupy Detroit got a permit. The bad news is that it expires at Midnight at the end of Monday. There will be a General Assembly tonight to decide what to do next. I'll have to miss it. My wife and I will be leaving town tomorrow to swat a hornet. Good thing I can program entries in advance to post in my absence. I would hate to not be able to participate in NaBloPoMo.

No comments:

Post a Comment