Saturday, December 14, 2013

Student sustainability video festival 14: Discovery News on white tigers


As I concluded Student sustainability video festival 13: Real vs. artificial Christmas trees, "My students showed about half a dozen really good videos this semester.  Stay tuned for them between now and Wednesday, when the grades are due."  Here's another on the genetics of white tigers: How A Genetic Mistake Can Save White Tigers.

For years, white tigers have been inbred with one another to maintain their regal, milky coats. It's an unsustainable practice that causes a host of problems. So is there a safe way to keep the White Tiger white? Scientists think they've found the answer.
I've been showing my students Discovery News videos for a year.  I guess it was about time that one of them returned the favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment