Saturday, January 24, 2015

Reblog of Mike Norman Economics: The triumph of Neo-liberalism and why we love "The Walking Dead"

 

Mike Norman Economics: The triumph of Neo-liberalism and why we love "The...: One of the most popular shows on television for the past few years has not been a reality show, game show, or sports series. It hasn’t bee...

One of the bloggers at Mike Norman Economics offers his take on "The Walking Dead" as not only an example of why Americans like watching and reading about the zombie apocalypse, but also about the zombie apocalypse as a metaphor for the effects of Neo-Liberalism on the U.S. economy and society.  That's a new one on me.  I'll have to add it to the metaphors and parables I list in the other entries under the zombie label.

I still plan on posting a regular Sunday entertainment entry, but if I change my mind, this will hold its place.

No comments:

Post a Comment