Friday, January 2, 2015

Discovery News on keeping resolutions


The prompt for today is "Do you usually keep your resolutions? Tell us about a time when you were particularly successful."  The answer is that I keep some, but not all.  On the one hand, I had "sell my house and move closer to work" back in 2006 and succeeded.  On the other hand, I had "buy a bicycle for myself" for the past four year and as I wrote yesterday, I gave that up this year.  I'm going to wait until I move to make new sustainability-related resolutions.  I'm going to have to get used to my new surroundings to see what's doable and what needs to change.

In the meantime, I'll share this Discovery News video on how to keep resolutions.  Maybe it will help myself and my readers.

Every New Year, people make resolutions to change their life. What is the secret to keeping them?
There, a few, realistic, concrete resolutions.  I can live with that.  As for posting my goals here, as long as they're related to sustainability, such as "keep my driving down," I've been doing that for years.  I feel it's been successful in getting me to watch how much I use my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment