Happy Pi Day! This year, instead of drum corps and second slices, I'm going to play today simultaneously more straight and more silly, beginning with Nerdist's The Pi Episode: Math Bites with Danica McKellar.
Join host Danica McKellar as she explains the joys and mysteries of the wonderful world of Pi! The irrational number, not the food. Welcome to Math Bites! New episodes every Thursday.I told you it would be simultaneously more on topic and silly than my usual. Speaking of silly, follow over the jump for some pies for Pi Day.
Featuring Chris Hardwick, Simon Pegg, Felicia Day, Jonathan Bennett, Jim O'Heir, Jonah Ray and Matt Mira.
Rosanna Pansino has made pies for Pi Day the past two years. This year, it's MINI RASPBERRY PI PIES - NERDY NUMMIES.
Today I made Mini Raspberry Pi Pies in celebration of Pi Day (March 14th)! I really enjoy making nerdy themed goodies and decorating them. I'm not a pro, but I love baking as a hobby. Please let me know what kind of treat you would like me to make next.Looks yummy. I think I'll subscribe to her channel.
THE THINGS YOU WILL NEED:
* (2-1/2) Cups All Purpose Flour: http://amzn.to/1nuTHEb
* (1/2) Cup Butter Flavored Shortening: http://amzn.to/1nuTPUc
* (1/2) Cup Salted Butter
* (6) Tablespoons Buttermilk
* (2) Tablespoons Sugar: http://amzn.to/220JMWh
* (1/2) A Vanilla Bean: http://amzn.to/1p6gTcM
* (1) Teaspoon Salt: http://amzn.to/220JVcs
* (4) Cups Fresh Raspberries
* (6) Tablespoons of Sugar: http://amzn.to/220JMWh
* (1-3/4) Ounce Powdered Pectin: http://amzn.to/1TJc1b9
* (1) Tablespoon Lemon Juice: http://amzn.to/1TJc5aU
Once again, Happy Pi Day!