Sunday, March 4, 2018

The UCLA Marching Band at the 1969 Oscars for Marching Music Day

via GIPHY

Happy Marching Music Day!  Since the Academy Awards are also tonight, I've decided to make today's theme marching music at the Academy Awards.  To that end, here is my the marching band of my undergraduate alma mater in Ingrid Bergman, Sidney Poitier and the UCLA Marching Band: 1969 Oscars.

Ingrid Bergman, Sidney Poitier, Paula Kelly and the UCLA Marching Band offer their own interpretations of "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" at the 41st Academy Awards in 1969.
I watched that as a nine-year-old and was enthralled.  I suppose it was one of the reasons why I marched in the UCLA Band beginning eight years later.

That's it for Marching Music Day.  Stay tuned for the winners of the Razzie Awards tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment