CNN has sad news; Physicist Stephen Hawking has died.
World renowned theoretical physicist, cosmologist, astronomer and mathematician Stephen Hawking has passed away at age 76.I'm sad but neither surprised nor disappointed. Hawking managed to live a full accomplished life while being paralyzed from ALS for more than 50 years. That's extraordinary.
Here at Crazy Eddie's Motie News, I mentioned him in the following entries, listed in reverse chronological order:
- 'Thank You For Playing' wins Outstanding Arts & Culture Documentary
- Three winners about space from the News and Documentary Emmy Awards
- 'Sonic Sea,' a triple nominee, and its competitors
- The case for colonizing space
- 'Age of Ultron' tops box office for second week
- Controversy about Hawking on black holes and other space and astronomy news
- Opportunity and Curiosity in this week's space and astronomy news
- Stephen Hawking is a Crazy Eddie
- A Michigan angle to the Higgs boson discovery plus bonus coverage
Stephen Hawking is back in episode two of our Emmy® Award-winning original series. This time, he's searching for the single idea than can explain the nature of reality, where it all came from, and why we exist at all: the theory of everything. Spoiler alert: he thinks he's found the answer.I'm looking forward to its nomination(s) already. Too bad Hawking won't be around to see it.