Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Songs about Spring for the Vernal Equinox


Happy arrival of astronomical Spring!  For this year's celebration of the Vernal Equinox, I'm following the same format as I did for Pi Day and the Ides of March, posting the videos I will share later at Booman Tribune for another edition of Midweek Cafe and Lounge.  This week's theme is Spring, of course.

I begin with Ella Fitzgerald's version of Rogers and Hart's Spring Is Here.*


This was originally from the 1938 stage musical I Married an Angel, which became a 1942 film of the same name.  As I observed at Midweek Cafe and Lounge, Vol. 56, "I never get too far away from movie music," a tendency I'll indulge later in this post.

The next song is Lou Rawls Spring Again.


He talks about young love.  That's a theme of the next song, .Spring Fever by Elvis Presley from the movie "Girl Happy."


As I wrote above, "I never get too far away from movie music."

Finally, here is a drink for the turning of the season that also fits the themes of the last two songs, Spring Time Love from Tipsy Bartender.

Here's the recipe:

SPRING TIME LOVE
1 oz. (30ml) Gin
1/2 oz. (15ml) Elderflower Liqueur
1/2 oz. (15ml) Hibiscus Simple Syrup
1/2 oz. (15ml) Lime Juice
Pineapple
Hard Cider
Blackberries
Lime Zest

PREPARATION
1. Middle Blackberries in the base of a shaking glass.
2. Add gin, elderflower liqueur, hibiscus simple syrup, and lime juice. Add ice and shake well.
3. Add some crushed ice to a serving glass and strain mix.
4. Top with pineapple hard cider and garnish with lime zest and blackberries.

Enjoy responsibly!
I will post all of these videos at Booman Tribune tomorrow as part of Midweek Cafe and Lounge, Vol. 57.  I'll add the link here when that happens.  (ETA: Link added.)

That's it for the last post of the seventh year of this Crazy Eddie's Motie News.  Stay tuned for this year's celebration of Persian New Year and the birthdays of Twitter and this blog.

*There are radically different versions by Jeanette MacDonald and Nelson Eddy, Peter Nero, Frank Sinatra, and Carly Simon.  I'll post those some other time.  After all, I'm an environmentalist; I not only recycle my ideas, I conserve my resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment