Wednesday, July 11, 2018

The history of U.S.-Cuba relations drives one to drink on National Mojito Day 2018


Happy National Mojito Day!  Just as the pina colada is a Puerto Rican drink, the mojito is a Cuban drink.  To celebrate, not only am I passing along drink recipes from Tipsy Bartender, I'm sharing A brief history of America and Cuba from Vox to educate my readers as well as entertain them.

150 years of tension may be coming to an end.
The key word is "may."  Vox posted that video in 2016 and relations have chilled since then.  I'll save that for part 2, which I'll post on National Daiquiri Day 2017.  Stay tuned, but first please follow over the jump for mojito recipes from Tipsy Bartender.


I begin with an updated version of the recipe I used in last year's Tipsy Bartender recipes for National Mojito Day, the Classic Mojito.

You can never go wrong with this classic drink- mint, lime, and rum make this one ideal for just about any occasion!
Skyy himself refers to the Cuban origin of the drink and mentions how many mojito recipes he has.  I won't be running out of them as long as he keeps the videos up.

Now for the first of two variations I'm sharing today, the Pineapple Mojito.

Pineapple gives the classic mojito a fruity and refreshing twist!
Skyy couldn't resist the Russian hacker joke.

The second and final one for today is the Cucumber Mojito.

This cucumber twist on the classic makes for a refreshing drink!
He also couldn't resist bragging about the number of mojito recipies, again.

That's it for today.  I hope my readers enjoyed both the history lesson and the mojito recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment