Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Tipsy Bartender recipes for National Mojito Day


I concluded Tipsy Bartender recipes for National Pina Colada Day by telling my readers "Tomorrow is National Mojito Day."  Since I'm not through celebrating, here's the description of the holiday from National Day Calendar.
Each year on July 11th, people across America join together to mark National Mojito Day.

Known to be a favorite drink of author, Ernest Hemingway, the Mojito is a traditional Cuban highball consisting of white rum, sugar, lime juice, sparkling water and mint.

With a low alcohol content, this refreshing cocktail has found popularity in the summertime for its refreshing combination of sweetness, citrus and mint flavors.
Lime wedges and mint leaves garnish an ice filled glass of Mojito.
Although born in Cuba, the exact origin of the Mojito is under debate with theories with origins as early as 1586.
Once again, I'm sharing recipes from Tipsy Bartender to mark the occasion, beginning with their basic instructional video, How to make a Mojito.

The Mojito is classic cocktail that was born in Cuba. It's the perfect mixture of mint, lime, rum, simple syrup and soda water. It's super easy to make and extremely delicious. Enjoy!

Check out our other mojito recipes and subscribe so you don't miss the next one!

MOJITO
1/2 Lime
12 Mint Leaves
1oz Simple Syrup
11/2oz White Rum
Top with Soda Water
Follow over the jump for the two most recent mojito recipes from Tipsy Bartender.

If the original isn't icy enough, Skyy has a Mojito Slushie recipe.

MOJITO SLUSHIE
2 oz. (60ml) Rum
1 oz. (30ml) Lime Juice
1 oz. (30ml) Simple Syrup
6 Mint Leaves
Mint Sprig
Lime Wedge
Ice

PREPARATION
1. Combine rum, lime juice, simple syrup, 6 mint leaves with ice in blender. Pulse until smooth.
2. Pour mix into glass and garnish with lime wedge and mint sprig. Enjoy responsibly!
Skyy, this is great, but it isn't the contribution to humanity you made it out to be (yes, I know he's kidding).

Finally, I'm sharing the most recent variation, the Blackberry Mojito.

BLACKBERRY MOJITO
1 1/2 oz. (45ml) White Rum
2 oz. (60ml) Club Soda
1 1/2 oz. (45ml) Blackberry Simple Syrup
3/4 oz. (22ml) Lime Juice
Lime Wheel
Mint Leaves

PREPARATION
1. Place blackberries, mint leaves, blackberry simple syrup and lime juice in base of glass. Gently muddle.
2. Add ice to glass.
3. Pour over rum and top with club soda.
4. Garnish with lime wheel and mint sprigs. Enjoy responsibly!
I was going to write something about the false fact of this being Blackbeard's favorite mojito, but then I read YouTube user ABeefStick observe "This is like the 15th mojito you've done lol" (in fact, it is).  That prompted this response from me.
That's O.K. with me. Tuesday July 11th is National Mojito Day (check National Day Calendar if you don't believe me), and I'm planning on embedding three mojito videos on my blog. If there are 15, then I can do this for four more years without running out of material.
As I first wrote in Super Bowl drinks from Tipsy Bartender, "I'm an environmentalist; not only do I recycle, I conserve my resources."

I plan on writing something more serious tomorrow, but not before noting that I also plan on posting more drink recipes on the 16th, which is National Ice Cream Day, and the 19th, which is National Daiquiri Day.  As Skyy would say, stay tipsy, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment