Saturday, January 9, 2021

Colbert, Meyers, and Fallon (finally) discuss the Georgia Senate runoff elections

Both Colbert and Meyers were preparing material about Seth describes how I feel. I would rather be writing about the results of the Senate runoff elections in Georgia, which turned out well for Democrats when Wednesday's attempted self-coup happened and the late night talk show hosts had to scrap that material. Last night, that story settled down enough, after calls for Trump to resign or be removed by the 25th Amendment or impeachment, that the two talk show hosts with shows last night all addressed it. The first was Stephen Colbert, who made the original topic planned for Wednesday the subject of his monologue, After A Rocky Week, Stephen Finally Gets To Celebrate The Georgia Senate Wins By Warnock And Ossoff.

Stephen kicks off our first Friday show of the new year with a segment we're calling "2021: The Week That Felt Like A Year." Luckily, thanks to our friend Stacey Abrams, there was some good news out of Georgia this week, and our host is finally able to celebrate it.
Yes, it really has been a long week. For what it's worth, Monday's news was "another perfect call" by the soon to be ex-President. I can understand why people would forget about that. As for returning to the movies, I can sympathize, but I can wait.

Seth Meyers didn't feature the news in his monologue last night, because he wasn't on, but he devote an entire interview segment to it overnight Wednesday into Thursday, Killer Mike Knew Jon Ossoff and Raphael Warnock Would Win the Georgia Runoff.

Killer Mike talks about Rev. Raphael Warnock’s character, the Georgia runoff election and what he hopes from a Biden-Harris presidency.
I did promise I'd share one of the interviews in Thursday's entry, but I wasn't originally planning on this one being one of them. Good thing I changed my mind after Colbert changed the subject.

Finally, Jimmy Fallon included the election results in Thank You Notes: Ossoff and Warnock, Kale Salads.

Jimmy pens thank you notes to this week's news for ruining Dry January, Bridgerton and other things.
I've mentioned that I don't use Fallon very often because his touch is too light, but that was a good joke.

Here's to sending off an eventful week. I hope next week is calmer, but I'm not terribly optimistic. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment