Monday, September 11, 2023

'9/11: One Day in America' for Patriot Day

A somber Patriot Day, the anniversary of 9/11 to my readers. I open today's observance by recycling an aside from Dove's 'Cost of Beauty' the sole PSA among the 2023 Emmy nominees for Outstanding Commercial.
I also never wrote an entry about the nominees and winner of Outstanding Promotional Announcement at the News and Documentary Emmy Awards. That was National Geographic's "9/11: One Day in America," which also won Outstanding Historical Documentary. I didn't completely miss it, as I mentioned that it had six nominations in Emmy nominee 'My Garden of a Thousand Bees' for World Honey Bee Day, but I never followed up on that aside. Darn. Here is the Twitter graphic from Nat Geo Docs announcing both wins.
Congratulations! May I not be so busy as to miss this year's nominees.
Thanks to the SAG-AFTRA and WGA strikes, I got my wish. No, I don't have a monkey's paw lying around here, but I know to be careful what I wish for.

To continue making up what I missed last year, I'm sharing both the winning promotional announcement and a full episode of 9/11: One Day in America to observe the day, beginning with 9/11: One Day in America Trailer | National Geographic.

Commemorating the 20th anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks, the six-part limited series 9/11: One Day in America will premiere August 29 at 9/8c National Geographic[.]
I can see why this won Outstanding Promotional Announcement last year. It's very moving. While I still think "Shark Week" can win, the same people produced Retrograde as 9/11: One Day in America, so I can see them winning again.

Now the full episode National Geographic uploaded to observe the anniversary and celebrate its Emmy Awards, The South Tower (Full Episode) | 9/11 One Day in America.

9/11: One Day in America won the News and Documentary Emmy Award for Outstanding Historical Documentary at the 43rd News and Documentary Emmy Awards in 2022.
I'm recycling my opening from two years ago as my reaction.
I could finish my 9/11 story from ten years ago, but I'm not feeling it. This isn't my story. It's the story of the victims and their surviving family and friends.
And that's who told the story of that day in this episode. Watch, listen, and remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment