Tuesday, September 24, 2024

PBS Eons explains 'How Plate Tectonics Transformed Los Angeles'

This has been Rancho La Brea week on Twitch, where I have been hanging out lately. First, Joschua Knüppe, who streams on Twitch as Paleostream, digitally painted a recreation of my old stomping grounds during the late Pleistocene, which I watched part of, three days ago. Then RockItSage hosted a Rancho La Brea stream last night. I shared three videos as resources for Sage. She ended up using How Plate Tectonics Transformed Los Angeles.

Despite the profound changes we’ve made here in recent history, the epic saga of Los Angeles' natural history is still visible - and even striking - if you know where and how to look for it.
This video has even more geology than paleontology, which is probably why Sage shared it and reacted to it for her audience. I'm glad I passed this on to her. It also gave me an opportunity to revisit Rancho La Brea, which I haven't done in detail here since Kunstler, K-Dog, and I discuss prehistoric mammals for Darwin Day... That post featured the second video I shared. Watch it there. As for the third, stay tuned. I'm being a good environmentalist and conserving my resources for a future entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment