Sunday, September 22, 2024

'The History of Hobbits' for Hobbit Day on the Autumnal Equinox

Happy Hobbit Day, World Rhino Day, National Elephant Appreciation Day, Car Free Day, and Autumnal Equinox! That's quite the collection of holidays! Since today is Sunday, when I usually post an entertainment feature, I'm giving Hobbit Day, the holiday with the strongest connection to entertainment, in the forms of books, movies, television, and games, pride of place. To celebrate Hobbit Day, I'm sharing The History of Hobbits by Robert of In Deep Geek.


I enjoyed Robert's recounting of hobbit history, even though I didn't learn much new from it; I've been watching his videos since I found his recaps of Westworld nearly eight years ago, so I've heard much of it before, scattered among various videos. Just the same, I hope my readers learned something new from it. Also, as long as I've been watching Robert's content, I'm surprised I haven't shared it here before. That's nearly as astounding as not sharing NativLang's videos until La Llorona and Malinche, two connected tales for Day of the Dead. It was about time.

Speaking of about time and Middle Earth, Season 2 of The Lord of the Rings: Rings of Power has returned and is streaming now on Prime Video. I'm sharing Season 2 Opening Sequence | The Lord of The Rings: The Rings of Power | Prime Video.

About The Rings of Power Season 2: Sauron has returned. Cast out by Galadriel, without army or ally, the rising Dark Lord must now rely on his own cunning to rebuild his strength and oversee the creation of the Rings of Power, which will allow him to bind all the peoples of Middle-earth to his sinister will. Building on Season 1’s epic scope and ambition, Season 2 of Amazon’s The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power plunges even its most beloved and vulnerable characters into a rising tide of darkness, challenging each to find their place in a world that is increasingly on the brink of calamity. Elves and dwarves, orcs and men, wizards and Harfoots… as friendships are strained and kingdoms begin to fracture, the forces of good will struggle ever more valiantly to hold on to what matters to them most of all… each other.
Season 1 earned Emmy nominations for Main Title Design and Main Title Theme music. It lost the first to The Last of Us and the second to Wednesday. This is a different enough title sequence that it could be nominated again next year. It worked for Westworld, twice!

Depending on the eligibility period, I expect The Lord of the Rings: Rings of Power to be nominated for Best Fantasy Television Series at the next Saturn Awards. Its first season lost to Wednesday and I think it will lose to House of the Dragon at the upcoming ceremony, whenever that will be.

I close with WFAA in Dallas-Fort Worth asking and answering When does fall actually start? Here's what the Autumnal Equinox means.

Mariel Ruiz explains the Autumnal Equinox and when it officially begins.
Happy First Day of Astronomical Fall! Remember that axial tilt is the reason for the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment