Tuesday, December 25, 2012

NASA videos: Christmas sky and ISS message

In my first holiday entry, I told my readers to stick around for "more holiday greetings and space news."  I took care of the first with some Christmas music from the Cadets.  It's time for more holiday space news from NASA.

First up, here's one for everyone who has a telescope or received one for Christmas: ScienceCasts: Christmas Sky Show


The Moon and Jupiter are converging for a heavenly sky show on Christmas 2012. Got a telescope? Something extra-special is happening on Jupiter that makes it an appealing target for backyard optics.
Second, I pass along this message of peace and international cooperation from the ISS.

Further Up Yonder: A Message from ISS to All Humankind


NASA Television shares this inspiring production by Italian videomaker, Giacomo Sardelli, about the International Space Station, its inhabitants, and its role in space exploration. Sardelli writes of the video, "I'm not the first one to use NASA's pictures taken from the International Space Station to craft a Timelapse video. You can find many of them on the Internet, that's where my inspiration came from. What I wanted to do, though, was to look beyond the intrinsic beauty of those pictures, and use them to tell a story and share the messages sent by the astronauts who worked on the station in the last 11 years."
Enjoy what's left of this Christmas night, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment