Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Student sustainability video festival 7: Hantz Farms

In Student sustainability video festival 6: Urban farming, I concluded with the latest news on Hantz Farms.   It turns out that one of my students last semester used a Hantz Farms promotional video as part of their presentation.  Here it is.

Hantz Farms: Detroit's Saving Grace


Hantz Farms, the biggest proposed urban farm ever, is setting out to reinvigorate Detroit's blight filled neighborhoods and stimulate its economy. Supported by Hantz Group, this farm is what Detroit's dwindling population so desperately needs.
As a promo, it looks very effective.  Is it all what it seems to be?  I don't know, but I have my reasons to be skeptical.  I'll keep them to myself for now.  Until then, check out the comments to the video and to the Free Press article I included in yesterday's entry.  You can see how polarizing Hantz Farms has become.

No comments:

Post a Comment