Sunday, May 12, 2013

Detroit blight and renewal

Here is the first of three video clips in tabs I am about to close that would work well as supplements to my lecture on the problems of sprawl and blight, where I juxtapose the two topics as examples of urban environmental issues.  This one is a snapshot of blight and renewal in Detroit that WXYZ produced as part of its Detroit 2020 series called Driving the Two Detroits.


This video makes for a good companion to those in GooBing Detroit and I'm hosting a BlogTalkRadio program on Detroit tonight,* which show both blight and renewal in the Motor City.

As for the videos showing sprawl, stick around.  I'll have them up after midnight.

*Don't let the lack of a preview for the video in the second entry deter you from playing it; it's still up.

No comments:

Post a Comment