Friday, May 31, 2013

Storm damage and power outages in the suburbs

When I was ready to leave school today, it was 5:00 P.M. and I noticed a heavy downpour outside.  I decided to wait until it passed.  I didn't see any damage on the way home, even though I was following the storm to the east.  It turns out that the part of Oakland County I'm in was lucky.  It was much worse to the north and west, as WXYZ showed in these two videos.

First, WXYZ reported Power outages across metro Detroit.


That was for the dinner newscast.  Here is one from later in the evening that shows straight-line wind damage in Livonia and also follows up on the car that didn't survive an attempt to drive through a flooded intersection: Cleaning up downed trees and restoring power.


I can take comfort that no apparently no one was injured, despite the damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment