Friday, May 17, 2013

Rescuing the Star Trek past, continued

In Rescuing the Star Trek past, I quoted Original 'Star Trek' Galileo Shuttlecraft Restored by Loving Fans and embedded the accompanying video.  Space.com on YouTube has followed up on this story with Star Trek Galileo Shuttlecraft To Land At Space Center Houston.

Star Trek's original prop shuttlecraft will be heading to the Johnson Space Center's visitors attraction, once its restoration team is done. SPACE.com found project leader Adam Schneider and crew in the ship's Atlantic Highlands, NJ "space-dock."
I'm sure that their efforts bring them satisfaction, and will bring comfort to the fans who will be happy to see the history of their favorite franchise preserved.

Speaking of the Star Trek franchise, Star Trek Into Darkness opened yesterday.  I'll have more about that in a future installment, when I revisit my opinion that the franchise is in good hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment