Thursday, August 8, 2013

Bloodhound Gang makes headlines for first time this decade

Remember these guys?


This song of theirs made a cameo in a Biology textbook that I used in 2002.  I guess the authors were trying to be hip and relevant by noting that "we're nothing but mammals, so let's do it like they do on the Discovery Channel."  In retrospect, it just made the book dated.  Speaking of dated, I thought I'd never hear from them again.  I was wrong.  Reuters has the story in U.S. band Bloodhound Gang barred from Russian gig over flag stunt by Vladimir Soldatkin.
Aug 3 (Reuters) - American rock group Bloodhound Gang has been barred from a music festival in Russia, the Russian Culture Minister said, after a band member shoved the country's flag into his underpants during a gig.

The incident took place when the band, famous for its sexually explicit songs and on-stage antics, played a concert in Ukraine. On a video, posted on YouTube, bassist Jared Hasselhoff is seen pushing the Russian white-blue-red tricolour into the front of his pants and then pulling it out of the back.

"Don't tell Putin!" he said to the applause of the audience in the city of Odessa on Wednesday.
The band raps about sex, makes fun of foreigners, and dresses like animals who fling poo.  I don't think the Russians should have been surprised.

Above adapted from the tip jar to Overnight News Digest: Sunday Night Fill-in Edition on Daily Kos.  Yes, I'm recycling; I'm an environmentalist.

No comments:

Post a Comment