Thursday, August 15, 2013

A celebration of Krazy Jim's through television

I mourned in Krazy Jim's Blimpy Burgers closed today, but I was just saying so long for now, not good-bye forever.  In that hopeful spirit, I'm posting videos from television shows that celebrate the restaurant in its full operational glory beginning with Food Network's official clip of Krazy Jim's Blimpy Burger's segment on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives.

At Krazy Jim's Blimpy Burger, know what you want and how to order it.
That's only part of the segment.  Here's an unofficial copy of the entire segment: Diners, Drive-ins and Dives: Blimpy Burger.

Damn!!! I caught a glimpse of this section of one of the episodes this weekend and was stunned by how good those burgers looked with all the meat...and cheese...and toppings! Good lord it made me want to kill a cow right then and there! Haha. Anyway, I only bothered uploading the first part of this visit and not the second because it was irrelevant; I wasn't going bother showing two people gorge themselves on copious amounts of beef just to satisfy some deranged, warped sense of pride.
Now, that's Krazy Jim's as I remember it!

Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives wasn't the only TV show to cover Krazy Jim's.  Travel Channel's Man vs. Food also had a segment on Krazy Jim's.  It begins just under two minutes into Man v Food Ann Arbor, MI part 1.


I also know the other two places in the clip, Tio's and Maze and Blue, although I actually ate a lot at Maze and Blue.  I just walked past Tio's.  The clip does a good job of capturing both Maze and Blue and Krazy Jim's as I remember them, although I think the part on Krazy Jim's is more fun.

Here's to that fun atmosphere and great food being revived at the new location of Krazy Jim's Blimpy Burger.

No comments:

Post a Comment