Thursday, October 1, 2015

NABLOPOMO for October: DISH


The email makes this month's theme seem less than ideal for me.
October's NaBloPoMo Theme: DISH!

Let's dish on who does the cooking at your house, dreaded foods from childhood (that are still dreaded foods), and the people who created your favourite recipes this month with NaBloPoMo.

Food is definitely on the brain due to #BlogHerFood15 in Chicago on November 6th and 7th, but beyond that, colder weather means saying hello to favourite autumn dishes like chili and soups.

This is the perfect time to collect up recipes from your fellow NaBloPoMo'ers and to get your latest creations out there to the wider community.

You can read more about the new NaBloPoMo theme on our opening post.
Fortunately, the post on the website gives a spin I like better.  Follow over the jump.

I like food, but I like to pass along information better.
Colder weather also makes me want to dish with friends. I don't just mean dinner parties. I mean talking over steaming cups of coffee. There is something about this time of year that makes me want to reconnect and catch up on each other's lives before everyone goes down the rabbit hole of winter holidays.

This month, we're dishing on our favourite foods, sharing recipes (and the stories behind their creation), and reflecting on what we used to eat as kids. We're also looking at what dish we used to dread eating, and whether it's still our least favourite food.
The other meaning of dish is gossip, and a week's worth of prompts are devoted to this meaning.  I'll use that as an excuse to make this month a snarkier take on February 2014's Perspective theme.  I'm not above dishing on my fellow bloggers, for example.  Otherwise, the food theme reminds me of February 2015's Make theme and May 2014's Nourish theme.  I'm sure I'll be using those tags as appropriate on this month's entries as well.
Sign up for October's NaBloPoMo and let's dish.
I signed up Monday morning and I'm now seventh on the blogroll.

No comments:

Post a Comment