Sunday, September 11, 2016

Cavaliers and Cascades playing music from 'Star Trek' for the show's 50th anniversary


I concluded Best August so far and other monthly meta by telling my readers to "stay tuned for Sunday's entry."
Normally, that would be an entertainment post, but tomorrow is the 15th Anniversary of 9/11.  I might post Part 2 of my day to complete My 9-11 story, part 1 or I might not.  I haven't decided yet.
I decided that I wasn't feeling it.  Instead, I've decided to continue wishing a happy 50th Anniversary to Star Trek.  I've already done so from the actors, NASA, and the Planetary Society, but those aren't my trademark ways of celebrating an event or holiday.  Those involve drum corps, alignment charts, and drink recipes.  Fortunately, I have material available for posts featuring each one.  Today, it's drum corps.

I begin with The 2013 Cavaliers playing "Enterprising Young Men" from the J.J. Abrams "Star Trek" movie I reviewed in Science Fiction, Double Feature, Part 1.


That's not all.  The 2015 Cascades' Intergalactic Show began with "Enterprising Young Men" and closed with the theme from the original TV show.

Cascades 2015 production "Intergalactic", recorded Aug. 6, 2015 at the DCI World Championship Prelims, Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, Indiana. Director: Lewis Norfleet, Visual: Nick Benson, Brass: Kyle Thompson, Percussion: Steve Henry, Guard: Brett Harbur.
I'll have posts with alignment charts and "Star Trek" themed drinks later this week.  In the meantime, live long and prosper!

No comments:

Post a Comment