Friday, August 11, 2017

SNL mocks Trump for Presidential Joke Day


National Day Calendar says today is a political holiday.
National Presidential Joke Day is observed annually on August 11.

A day to recognize the humor often found and yet not so appreciated in the highest office in the land, National President[i]al [Joke] Day offers a nod to the gaffes, social missteps and sometimes downright hilarious mistakes presidents make. During an election year, the scrutiny of the constituency can be brutal; the presidential candidates should be prepared to handle the presidential joke.  The citizenry will be listening!
...
Of all your presidential memories and history lessons what is your favorite presidential joke? Use #PresidentialJokeDay to share on social media.
I don't have a good presidential joke of my own to tell that will work in print.*  However, I don't have to.  I can outsource the joke telling to experts such as Saturday Night Live's Weekend Update on White House Staffing Changes.

Weekend Update anchors Colin Jost and Michael Che tackle the week's biggest news, including White House staffing changes and North Korea's threat to use nuclear missiles.
I think that demonstrates in part why SNL tied "Westworld" for the most Primetime Emmy nominations this year.

I'll get back to SNL and the other Emmy nominees later, I promise.  In the meantime, stay tuned for the worksheet for "Treasures of the Earth: Power" that I promised to post three weeks ago, the winners for Dramatic Presentation at the Hugo Awards, and the winners of the Teen Choice Awards.

*I do a series of one-word impressions to the Cartoon on oil dependence I posted as a Blast from the Past five years ago.  I told it to one of my classes Wednesday and it killed.  Unfortunately, I don't allow videos of my lectures, so I don't have one to post.  Darn.

No comments:

Post a Comment