Friday, June 28, 2019

The return of Toys R Us, a tale of the Retail Apocalypse


It's rare that I get to share good news about the Retail Apocalypse, but I have some this week.  CBS Los Angeles reported earlier this week that Toys 'R' Us Is Making A Comeback, 2 New Stores Opening This Year.

The beloved toy store that closed all of its U.S. stores last year has plans to re-open in 2019.
Bloomberg Markets and Finance has more in Toys 'R' Us Plans to Make a Christmas Comeback.

Maybe American kids will only have to live through one Christmas without Toys “R” Us. About a year after shuttering U.S. operations, the remnant of the defunct toy chain is set to return this holiday season by opening about a half dozen U.S. stores and an e-commerce site, according to people familiar with the matter. Bloomberg's Matt Townsend reports on "Bloomberg Markets: What'd You Miss?"
Matt Townsend doesn't seem very optimistic.  Still, I should have seen it coming.  Toys R Us is like TwinkiesThe products are too valuable and someone will make them.  Not only was that true of Twinkies and Toys R Us, it's apparently true for RadioShack.  The dead, they rise again!

2 comments:

  1. "
    I was chatting with a friend today
    I think you’ll find it funny
    He’s Just won Thirty Thousand Pounds
    Now Jack Pott’s in the money!

    So then that got me thinking
    Of some other folk I knew
    Like my mate who’s with the Coast guard
    Aaron C Reskew

    If you have some dodgy plumbing
    And you need to call him out
    Then do yourself a favour
    Give my mate Lee King a shout.

    We also have a Dentist
    He’ll clean your teeth for you
    You’ll find him in the phone book
    And his name is Mr Chu

    It’s nice and quiet where I live
    We rarely hear of Crime
    But Robin Holmes has just been caught
    And now he’s doing time

    And the officer that found him
    The one we have to thank
    Is a happy Policeman once again
    So thank you Robin Banks

    Now Holmes received his sentence
    From a judge called Laura Norder
    A lovely looking Scottish lass
    From just across the border.

    A mile away, there is a Zoo
    It’s run by Jim Pansy
    At Christmas time it’s all lit up
    By a man called Chris Mastry

    Chris is the brains behind the team
    That help throughout the season
    He leads a team of 3, there’s him
    Phil Cool and Crispin Evin

    By the Zoo, there is a park
    2 ladies keep it clean
    Grace Quirell tends to flowering shrubs
    Supplied by Teresa Greene

    It’s in the park I walk my dog
    I call her Nora Bone
    We stop and play for just an hour
    Then make our way back home

    We pass the school where I first met
    The singer, Carrie Oakey
    We’d play around in music class
    With drum sticks she would poke me!

    I won’t forget the teacher’s name
    She taught Carrie to sing
    A friend to students young and old
    Her name, Amanda Lynn

    Amanda is the clever sort
    The smartest one we know
    She met her boyfriend on the net
    His name’s Philip Eno

    There’s one or two, I haven’t met
    To this I must confess
    But if I tell you who they are
    I’ll let you do the rest

    A man named Horace cope moved in
    He seems a mystery
    So if you find out what he does
    Then please get back to me

    And Sheila Blige with low cut vests
    She hangs around my street
    She’s not the sort of woman that
    I’d really want to meet.

    Joe Kerr, now he’s a funny man
    He likes to play the fool
    And next to him a lady and
    I think her names Jean Poole.

    Joe, he has a brother,
    The Spanish sounding, Juan
    He tends to live the single life
    A solitary man.

    So I’ve given you an insight
    To the people that I know
    I’ve rambled on for far too long
    And now I have to go.

    Poem by Simon Gowen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, K-Dog! Good to see you commenting here again. Thanks for the poem, it was very punny!

      Delete