Saturday, December 14, 2019

U.S. Women's Soccer Team is Time's 2019 Athlete of the Year


I told my readers "Stay tuned for posts about Time Magazine's Athlete of the Year and Entertainer of the Year" at the end of The Infographics Shows asks why are we afraid of Friday the 13th and the number 13?  It's time for me to follow through.  Watch TIME Athlete Of The Year: U.S. Women's Soccer Team.

The U.S. women's soccer team used their platform as star athletes to push for social change.
Not only am I glad that the U.S. women's team is doing much better than their male counterparts, I'm thrilled that they are showing that sports are about more than athletic competition.  Here's to their being an example for equality.

Stay tuned for Time Magazine's Entertainer of the Year as the Sunday entertainment feature.

No comments:

Post a Comment