Saturday, December 28, 2019

Time Magazine and Yahoo! Finance look back at 2019 and the 2010s

I've been expanding my field of view since Christmas, first looking back at 2019 in space, then 2019 and the 2010s in science, so now it's time to examine the news and events of the year about to end from as wide a perspective as I can find.  Fortunately, Time Magazine has done so in 2019: A Year In Review.


No surprise, Time's Person of the Year, Athlete of the Year, and Entertainer of the Year all made appearances.  Although the public servants who testified at the impeachment hearings named Guardians of the Year by Time did not make the cut, impeachment certainly did.  Also, as I pointed out, the first image of a black hole was not only the science and space story of the year, it, along with climate change, was one of the stories of the year, period.

Not only is the year ending, but so is the decade.  Yahoo! Finance examines the events of the 2010s in The decade in review: 2010-2019.

From Trump's election to the first black hole image, a lot has happened in the past 10 years. Here is a recap of just a few of the major headlines.
Since I started blogging here in 2011, I've covered many, if not most of these stories, particularly the more recent ones, so this video brings back a lot of memories.  As for the events I missed, I'm glad this video gave me a chance to mention them by proxy.  They deserve my attention.  And, yes, the black hole image made the top stories of the decade, too.

Stay tuned as I start narrowing my focus tomorrow, as I plan on continuing my tradition of posting the year's YouTube Rewind as the Sunday entertainment feature.  I promise it won't include the black hole image.

No comments:

Post a Comment