Sunday, December 29, 2019

YouTube rewinds 2019 plus WatchMojo ranks all the decade's rewinds

I told my readers to "stay tuned as I start narrowing my focus" at the end of Time Magazine and Yahoo! Finance look back at 2019 and the 2010s, "as I plan on continuing my tradition of posting the year's YouTube Rewind as the Sunday entertainment feature.  I promise it won't include the black hole image."  Relax and enjoy YouTube Rewind 2019: For the Record.

In 2018, we made something you didn’t like. For Rewind 2019, let’s see what you DID like.

Celebrating the creators, music and moments that mattered most to you in 2019.
That was different from what I'm used to watching, although WatchMojo pointed out in Ranking All the YouTube Rewinds that YouTube was merely returning the format of its first two rewinds in 2010 and 2011, just before I started watching rewinds.

It’s time to reflect on a decade of rewinds. For this list, we’re taking a look at all ten videos in the “YouTube Rewind” series, which annually recap the major events and trends of the past year. We’ll naturally be starting off with the worst of the worst, working our way up to the best of the best. And yes, we understand the irony that WatchMojo is doing a list on this particular subject. More on that later… Welcome to WatchMojo and today we’ll be ranking all the YouTube Rewinds.

This is TopX, the show where we count down the good, the bad and the ugly of YouTube.
...
10. YouTube Rewind 2018: Everyone Controls Rewind
9. YouTube Rewind: The Shape of 2017
8. YouTube Rewind 2019: For the Record
7. YouTube Rewind 2010: Year in Review
6. YouTube Rewind 2011
5. YouTube Rewind: The Ultimate 2016 Challenge
4. YouTube Rewind: Turn Down for 2014
3,2,1!?!?!
I generally agree with the ranking, although I think I would switch 2012 and 2013.  I like "Gangnam Style," Psy, and Felicia Day better than "What Did the Fox Say?"

Stay tuned for the year in the Retail Apocalypse, particularly the prediction that 12,000 stores could close in 2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment