Friday, May 14, 2021

Trevor Noah explains ransomware

After the serious examination of Responses to Colonial Pipeline ransomware attack include government action and panic buying, it's time for a funny one. Fortunately, The Daily Show with Trevor Noah uploaded What Is Ransomware? - If You Don’t Know, Now You Know last night, making it easy for me.

After a ransomware hack devastated the east coast’s gasoline supply, let’s take a look at what ransomware is, how it works, and why the only solution is to go on airplane mode.
That was a better summary of the issues involved, energy, oil, infrastructure, technology, cybersecurity, and crime, than I put together yesterday from serious news sources. To paraphrase what I wrote two years ago and repeated the last time I embedded an If You Don't Know, Now You Know segment, I learned more from ten minutes of reporting laced with comedy than I would have from ten minutes of straight reporting. I hope my readers did, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment