Friday, August 5, 2022

Colbert and MSNBC on Fetterman vs. Oz in Pennsylvania

I have more comedic coverage of the midterm elections from Stephen Colbert today, as I share John Fetterman Goes Full Troll On Dr. Oz | Fact-Checking The Choco Taco Drama about the elections for Governor and U.S. Senator in Pennsylvania.

Stephen finds out why New Jersey-based celebs like Lil Stevie Van Zandt are getting involved in the Pennsylvania Senate race, and he introduces a brand new long-running segment that will ensure he gets his facts straight.
Leave it to Stephen to make the already hilarious trolling by John Fetterman even funnier.

Stephen's description of Fetterman's stunts missed one, which MSNBC's Stephanie Ruhle caught in Trolling Dr. Oz: John Fetterman Enlists Snooki To Mock His Opponent.

Pennsylvania Senate candidate John Fetterman taps a Jersey Shore star to mock his opponent, Dr. Oz in a now viral video.
*Snork* I wrote snarky things about Snooki twice during the first year of this blog, but I take them all back for this video. That was a scream!

Outside groups are also getting involved in the meme war, as MSNBC's "Morning Joe" showed in Oz Vs. Fetterman: In Pennsylvania, A War Of Ads (And Memes) Takes Center Stage.

Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski discuss new ads out of the Senate race in Pennsylvania between Dr. Mehmet Oz and Lt. Gov. John Fetterman, and the meme war taking place between the two candidates online. Scarborough and Brzezinski also discuss Oz's history of false statements.
I knew someone was going to make comparisons between Dr. Oz and "The Wizard of Oz." I'm glad it was done this well.

That was a lot more fun than the post about monkeypox I planned to write until I watched Colbert's monologue. I guess I was in an "I can't be all DOOM all the time mood." Maybe tomorrow, or maybe I'll write about Saturday Night Live's Emmy nominations. Stay tuned to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment