
I wrote yesterday that "the Critics Choice Super Awards winners will be announced later today, so I'm going to shift focus to those this weekend." That happened, so I'm quoting Winners Announced For The Critics Choice Association’s 6th Annual “Critics Choice Super Awards”.
“THE BOYS” AND “WIDOW’S BAY” LEAD TELEVISION WINNERS WITH THREE WINS EACHI called most of these. In 'The Boys' leads TV nominees at the Critics Choice Super Awards, I wrote "This is a three-way contest among The Boys, Fallout, and Spider-Noir" — The Boys and Spider-Noir tied — and "I think Starr has the best shot at winning [Best Villain in a Series, Limited Series or Made-for-TV Movie], as he's the only nominee here who is also nominated for a Best Actor in a genre TV show category" — he won, again. I also called Danielle Brooks winning Best Actress in a Superhero Series, Limited Series or Made-for-TV Movie for her role in Peacemaker. On the other hand, I thought Best Actor in a Superhero Series was "between Cage and Abdul-Mateen," but Starr won. I'm O.K. with that, as he's won this award before.
...
“The Boys” and “Widow’s Bay” were the standouts among this year’s television winners, each taking home three trophies. “The Boys” earned three wins from its five nominations, including Best Superhero Series, Limited Series or Made-for-TV Movie. Antony Starr won Best Actor in a Superhero Series, Limited Series or Made-for-TV Movie, as well as Best Villain in a Series, Limited Series or Made-for-TV Movie. “Widow’s Bay” swept all three categories in which it was nominated, with wins for Best Horror Series, Limited Series or Made-for-TV Movie; Matthew Rhys for Best Actor in a Horror Series, Limited Series or Made-for-TV Movie; and Kate O’Flynn for Best Actress in a Horror Series, Limited Series or Made-for-TV Movie.
I also called the wins for Widow's Bay. I wrote "Dexter: Resurrection and Widow's Bay are the favorites, which I'm resolving in favor of Widow's Bay... Matthew Rhys...[is] going to win here, [and] I can see Kate O’Flynn winning this award as part of a Widow's Bay sweep..." Widow's Bay swept!
Follow over the jump for the TV winners not mentioned in the lead paragraphs of the press release.

Sterling K. Brown is the other actor to earn two Super Awards for the same role, winning both Best Actor in a Science Fiction / Fantasy Series and Best Actor in a Action Series for Paradise. I called one and hedged on the other, writing "I'd give this to Brown" in 'House of the Dragon' vs. 'Paradise' for Best Science Fiction/Fantasy TV nominees at the Critics Choice Super Awards and "Both Brown and Ruffalo earned nominations for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series, and Gold Derby gives Ruffalo a marginally higher chance of winning" in Action TV nominees at the 2026 Critics Choice Super Awards. Brown has since passed Ruffalo in the Gold Derby odds, although I can't tell if they incidentally called Brown's wins or reacted to them. Brown's wins also give Paradise two Super Awards.

Pluribus is the other TV show to win two Super Awards, Best Science Fiction / Fantasy Series, Limited Series or Made-for-TV Movie and Best Actress in a Science Fiction / Fantasy Series. I anticipated both victories, especially the second, writing "I wouldn't be surprised if Pluribus wins; it's that good" and "I think Rhea Seehorn will win this in a walk."

Two series earned one Super Award each, Task and High Potential. I called the first, writing "I think this will go to Task," and am happy to be wrong about the second, as "my wife and I really enjoy Kaitlin Olson in High Potential."
That's a wrap for the TV winners. Stay tuned for the movie winners tomorrow.
Previous posts about the 2026 Critics Choice Super Awards
- 'Superman' leads film nominees at the 2026 Critics Choice Super Awards
- 'Obsession' vs. 'Weapons' for Best Horror Movie at the Critics Choice Super Awards
- 'Project Hail Mary' leads Science Fiction/Fantasy nominees at the Critics Choice Super Awards
- Drink to the action movie nominees at the Critics Choice Super Awards on National Daiquiri Day
- 'The Boys' leads TV nominees at the Critics Choice Super Awards
- 'House of the Dragon' vs. 'Paradise' for Best Science Fiction/Fantasy TV nominees at the Critics Choice Super Awards
- 'Dexter: Resurrection' and 'Widow's Bay' lead horror TV nominees at the Critics Choice Super Awards
- Action TV nominees at the 2026 Critics Choice Super Awards
No comments:
Post a Comment