
I promised to resume my coverage of the Critics Choice Super Awards twice, so I'm quoting the relevant passage from the press release.
“The Boys” leads this year’s television nominees with five nominations overall including Best Superhero Series, Limited Series or Made-for-TV Movie. Antony Starr earned a nod for Best Actor in a Superhero Series, Limited Series or Made-for-TV Movie, in addition to Best Villain in a Series, Limited Series or Made-for-TV Movie, while Valorie Curry and Colby Minifie were both nominated for Best Actress in a Superhero Series, Limited Series or Made-for-TV Movie.Now for the nominees.
...
“Fallout,” “House of the Dragon,” and “Paradise” each earned four nominations apiece in the television categories.
Best Superhero Series, Limited Series or Made-for-TV MovieThis is a three-way contest among The Boys, Fallout, and Spider-Noir, all of which have multiple Emmy nominations. Peacemaker may have won the equivalent Saturn Award, but it wasn't contending against any of these three.
The Boys
Daredevil: Born Again
Fallout
Gen V
Invincible
Peacemaker
Spider-Noir
Wonder Man
Follow over the jump for the acting nominees and what these nominations might mean for the Saturn Awards.
Antony Starr won this award five years ago, but this is a more competitive field this year. I think his main rivals for the award are Oscar winner Nicolas Cage, Emmy nominee and Critics Choice TV Award winner Walton Goggins, and Emmy winner and Emmy nominee for this role Yahya Abdul-Mateen II. I think it's between Cage and Abdul-Mateen.
I'm enough of a Peacemaker fan to root for Danielle Brooks. I'm not as familiar with the other nominees.
On the other hand, I think Starr has the best shot at winning this award, as he's the only nominee here who is also nominated for a Best Actor in a genre TV show category. I'll examine this category at least twice more, but I doubt I'll change my mind.
These nominations are actually helpful for the Saturn Awards. First, The Boys, Daredevil: Born Again, Fallout, Invincible, Spider-Noir, and Wonder Man should all earn nominations, although Fallout will be in science fiction. Invincible could be nominated for animated series, but it was nominated for superhero series at the last awards, so I expect it will repeat in this category; there are plenty of good animated series, but not as many superhero shows. The Lanterns should earn the sixth spot.
I plan on examining the science fiction and fantasy TV nominees tomorrow. Stay tuned.
Previous posts about the 2026 Critics Choice Super Awards
- 'Superman' leads film nominees at the 2026 Critics Choice Super Awards
- 'Obsession' vs. 'Weapons' for Best Horror Movie at the Critics Choice Super Awards
- 'Project Hail Mary' leads Science Fiction/Fantasy nominees at the Critics Choice Super Awards
- Drink to the action movie nominees at the Critics Choice Super Awards on National Daiquiri Day
No comments:
Post a Comment